Senegal malaria team members passed through Tambacounda for a day to assist the region in putting together their work zone action plans for the coming months and to provide additional on-demand training. Here’s what will be keeping the Koumpentoum and Tamba volunteers busy this rainy season and beyond!
Koumpentoum Action Plan
- Nightwatch 6-day Educational Program
- Koutiaba and Maleme Niani – July
- Radio: Nightwatch PSA- August-TBD
- Mosquito Net Alterations: Koutiaba and Maleme Niani- July
- Home visits/Alphabetization Classes: Entire regtion- July-Oct (rainy season)
- Supply Chain Management: Koumpentoum- All year
- Mural Tourney: Bamba, Koumpentoum, Maleme Niani, Koung. – TBD
Tambacounda Action Plan
- Start with Home Visits
- Net beautification and repair
- Baseline Survey of Malaria Needs in Community
- Promoting subsidized nets etc.
- Malaria Tourney – Oct-Nov (Repair, Care, Usage); Timing important based on rainy season lack of availability for causeries (most villagers in the field, etc); Promoting continuation of net usage even after the rainy season
- Radio – get Nightwatch PSAs going: Using 9 main facts on malaria to create shows